Abdullah yesterday outlined the tasks he “wishes” to accomplish before handing over the power to his deputy Najib.
1. Development corridor initiatives
2. Enhancing judicial system
3. Enhancing government delivery system
4. Improving the performance of government-linked companies
5. To revitalize the agriculture sector
The prime minister said his first task had borne fruit, that was reducing the poverty level from 5.7 per cent in 2004 to 3.6 per cent last year and bridging the income gap between the rich and poor.
I personally doubt this one. Did the prime minister already taken into consideration the effect of his historic fuel hikes?