THE ‘pregnant man’ is expecting his second child, it was revealed today. American Thomas Beatie, a transgenders man, sparked controversy when he gave birth to a baby girl in late June.
Now Thomas, who was born a woman but underwent hormone therapy before he was legally declared a man, has revealed he is two months pregnant with his second child.
US TV host Barbara Walters today announced moustached Beatie revealed he had not started taking testosterone again after the birth of daughter Susan so he could have another baby.
She said on her daytime show The View: “I asked him if he was pregnant again, he said yes.”
He told Walters the baby is due on June 12 and added: “I feel good…everything is right on track.”
Thomas, 34, from Oregan, had a mastectomy but kept his female reproductive organs as he underwent a sex change in the late Nineties.
He and his partner Nancy Roberts decided to start a family and he fell pregnant by artificial insemination late last year.
He would have become pregnant a second time just over two months after the birth of his first child.
Walters said he revealed his second pregnancy during an interview, which will air on US TV tomorrow night on her documentary What is a Man, What is a Woman? Journey of a Pregnant Man. — The Sun