Musa, who is also State Security Committee chairman, said if the allegation was true it entailed irregularities and abuse of power and stern action must be taken against those involved.
“The government does not condone such activity,” he told reporters after chairing the State Action Council meeting at Wisma Innoprise near here on Monday.
He was commenting on an allegation by Sabah Parti Keadilan Rakyat deputy chief Datuk Kong Hong Ming that about 200 illegal immigrants, mostly Bugis, were ferried by buses and taxis to Kampung Kalabakan Tengah for the three-day registration exercise last month.
Asked whether the department should suspense its mobile registration exercise in the rural areas pending the investigation, Musa said the villagers themselves had asked for it.
“The mobile MyKad registration exercise benefit villagers as they do not have to travel to JPN offices in the towns.
“Although the exercise is costly and time consuming, it continued to be held in the interest of the people in line with the 1Malaysia concept,” he said. — BERNAMA