An afternoon fire razed almost an entire row of single storey terraced houses at Jalan Awang Dulla, MLNG Housing in Kidurong on Wednesday.
The fire reported to have started around 2pm were brought under control an hour later by three fire engines from Bintulu Fire & Rescue Department and also MLNG Sdn. Bhd fire department.
Bintulu Fire & Rescue Department said they were still investigating the source of the fire.
An eyewitness who want to be anonymous told Bintulu.Org it was probably triggered aging electricity wiring.
“The fire started in one of unit that was empty as it occupants were still at their workplace,” he said.
No one was hurt in the incident. Kidurong state assemblyman Chiew Ching Sing extended his sympathy and thanks to the firemen.
“My sympathy to all who suffered losses. Thanks to the firemen & all others,” he said in his twitter page.