Newly-appointed Transport Minister Datuk Seri Kong Cho Ha today said the previous investigation into the Port Klang Free Zone (PKFZ) issue was sufficient, thus further investigation into it was not necessary.
“I think (we have) enough of the investigation, enough of all the study. All had been done on this issue so I don’t think there is any need for further re-look into it,” he told reporters when asked to comment on the issue.
The Klang Sessions Court last month fixed 13 days, between Sept 30 and Dec 3, to hear the case of three people charged with making false claims in the PKFZ project.
The three are former Kuala Dimensi Sdn Bhd project director Law Jenn Dong, 51, the company’s chief operating officer Stephen Abok, 51, and architect Bernard Tan Seng Swee, 48, who worked for BTA Architect.
Also charged is former PKA general manager Datin Paduka O.C. Phang, whose trial has been fixed for Aug 25 and 26, Sept 20 to 24, Oct 26 to 29 and Nov 15, 16, 18 and 19.
The scandal came to light after the cost of developing the 400ha integrated cargo distribution hub ballooned from RM2 billion to RM4.6 billion.
Kong earlier took over duty as Transport Minister from his predecessor Datuk Seri Ong Tee Keat.
Commenting on his new tasks following the minor Cabinet reshuffle last week, Kong, the former housing and local government minister, said his main focus was to ensure a good achievement in the National Key Result Areas (NKRA) for urban public transport. — Bernama