The Borneo Post August 12, 2014.

The Borneo Post made a follow up report on what we reported yesterday today.

The local daily said the timber concessionaire started charging the RM150 per crossing for the bridge since end of last month.

Well, it was done very quietly.

The company exempted several individuals, government servants, and those who obtained special permit but not public.

There was also uproar when the company charging people similar amount when crossing the lake on their ferry.

It’s illegal according to several reliable sources in the government and human right lawyers.

Belaga Assemblyman and Sarawak Assistant Minister of Culture and Heritage Liwan Lagang said it was too much.

“Since the company has been reaping the timber resources from the area which belonged to the people of Belaga, the company should in return, allow the locals from the whole district to use the bridge free of charge,” he told The Borneo Post.