Motorists in the country have a week to adapt to a new traffic law that could change the attitude of Malaysian drivers.
JPJ has installed a total of 831 cameras throughout the country – including here in Bintulu.
AES is a mechanism to force a change in driver attitude as, unlike policemen or JPJ enforcement – AES is a 24-hours, non-seasonal, computerized surveillance system.
The AES system will automatically detect and record any traffic offenses as soon as they are committed in accident-prone areas where the system is installed.
A mobile AES units will be administered by PDRM and JPJ. Thus, apart from being wary of the stationaries AES installed in towns and cities – you should also be wary of mobile AES which could be anywhere along our roads.
The system is specifically targeting offenses such as beating a traffic light and speeding.
In the country, a fixed AES system has been installed at over three hundred locations including Bintulu, Sarawak.
In Bintulu, the AES monitoring motorists running a traffic light are located at Kidurong traffic light, Jambatan No. 2 Bintulu-Tatau road.
The AES to track speeding can be found at these locations:
– BATU 9, JALAN KUCHING – SERIAN (Speed:90)
– JALAN BATU KAWA, KUCHING, SARAWAK (Speed:90)
– JALAN DATUK TAWI SLI, KUCHING, SARAWAK (Speed:90)
– BATU 8, JALAN KUCHING-SERIAN (Speed:80)
– BATU 16 JALAN KUCHING-SERIAN (Speed:90)
– JALAN BAU – LUNDU (Speed:90)
– JALAN LUTONG-PUJUT-MIRI (Speed:90)
– JALAN MIRI-PUJUT-LUTONG (Speed:90)
– JALAN KUALA BARAM-LUTONG, MIRI (Speed:90)
– JALAN SIBU-BINTULU (RUMAH ALONG) (Speed:90)
– KM 422 BETONG – SARIKEI – MERADONG (Speed:90)
– KM 20 JLN SRI AMAN-SARIKEI (Speed:60)
– KM 421 BETONG – SARIKEI – MERADONG (Speed:90)
– JALAN SALIM-STABAU, SIBU (Speed:90)
– JALAN SIBU-BINTULU (RUMAH AMBANG) (Speed:90)
– JALAN PEDADA, SIBU (Speed:60)
– JALAN PARADOM,SIBU (Speed:50)
– KM 63 JLN SRI AMAN-SARIKEI (Speed:90)
The AES capable of capturing high definition images and the system has been proven to be effective reducing accident according to JPJ.